Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Scatter Chart w/ Lines limit?

I have a scatter chart with 6 different series, one for each day of the week
( minus sunday) each one list the amount of customers help in my shop on each
individual day. However after the 11 day, it seems I can not add anymore
dates.

Why can I add more data?

Thank you in advance,

Maurolava
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In general the limits are generous: 32,000 points per series, a total of
256,000 points per chart.

Your limit may be due to adding one point at a time using the Ctrl key to
select individual cells. This produces a large series formula, because each
cell has its address (including worksheet name) added to the formula.

The solution is to place your data in contiguous ranges, so you only need to
select a rectangle that includes all of the data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Maurolava" wrote in message
I have a scatter chart with 6 different series, one for each day of the
week
( minus sunday) each one list the amount of customers help in my shop on
each
individual day. However after the 11 day, it seems I can not add anymore
dates.

Why can I add more data?

Thank you in advance,

Maurolava

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thank you Jon,

How can I do that in an efficient way? What formula can I use that will look
up for all the number for Monday, plotted in a continuous column?

Once again, thank you in advance,

Maurolava

"Maurolava" wrote in message
I have a scatter chart with 6 different series, one for each day of the
week
( minus sunday) each one list the amount of customers help in my shop on
each
individual day. However after the 11 day, it seems I can not add anymore
dates.

Why can I add more data?

Thank you in advance,

Maurolava

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You could filter the data. You could use a pivot table to extract days of
the week.

You could use a formula that picks every seventh item from a column,
something like this:

Range of data: A2:A200
First Monday: A3
Range of output (for plotting): D2:D30