Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default shortcut key not not running macro's all of a sudden

I have a macro that I have been using just fine then
yesterday I was using it a few times and then it died.

I hit cntrl+x to run the following macro but now it wont
work.

Sub gotoselection()
x = Cells.Find(InputBox("Enter number to find")).Address
Application.Goto reference:=Range(x).Offset(, -4)
End Sub

Is there a way to view all the cntrol key assignments

Is there a way to clean out all the old key assignements -
as i suspect I may have used the same cntrl +something
sequence on more then one macro.

The reesult is that cntrl + x may be assigned to more then
one macro. The thing is I can't find the macro or the work
book where it's hiding.

Thanks Todd
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Todd,
You can reassign the macro again wiping out the conflict.

For a list of Excel's builtin shortcut keys see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm
but as you know you can override them with your own. You can
restore use of builtin shortcut by clearing out your own shortcut.

As for a list of user shortcut keys currently in use
There has been a solution that does not appear to be optimum
(flashing) that works in Excel 2002.

But not useful in Excel 2000 as I read it.
Tried it in Excel 2000 and as indicated in the thread it starts a second
pass and starts beeping and running through menus on whatever window
is active, so I couldn't cancel it or my attempt to terminate the macro
brought down Windows 2000. It takes a least one second to process
a macro on the first pass before fouling up.

Posted by Tim Childs (also see Dave Peterson's reply below it)
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...%40tkmsftngp07

It would of course be dependent on workbooks being currently open.

There are two places that I would include this information if it were
access it directly from the name of the macro. One a reference in
shortx2k.htm above and the other on my buildtoc.htm page for the
Macros and Functions listing.
---
HTH,