Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using .NET in Excel 2000

Hi
I have got the suggestion to use the "SOAP objects"
in .NET whithin Excel 2000. Is it really possible to
use .NET objects in Excel 2000?
Best regards
/Niklas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Niklas" wrote in message
Hi
I have got the suggestion to use the "SOAP objects"
in .NET whithin Excel 2000. Is it really possible to
use .NET objects in Excel 2000?
Best regards
/Niklas

You can either expose them as COM Objects to VBA, or use
http://ManagedXLL.net to access .NET objects as worksheet functions.

Jens.

--
Jens Thiel * Willy-Brandt-Allee 10 * D-53113 Bonn * +49 228 5400124
http://jens-thiel.de/ http://ManagedXLL.net/ http://QuantLib.net/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Niklas,

From my understanding to your issue, you can import the excel 2000 ojbect library into your .net project so that you can take advantage of .net
technology to build solution for your users. This uses the .Net com interop to import com object into .net project. On the contratry, you can also
export .net for the com usage. Internally, the export and import tool provided by .Net framework will encapsulate the com component or .net
assembly with a wrapper. For .Net calls com object, this wrapper is called RCW(runtime callable wrapper). For com calls .net, this wrapper is called
CCW(com callable wrapper). With the help of this technology, you can develop the .Net solution without providing the same functions which has
been implemented in com component. For more information, .NET Framework Developer's Guide will help you more on this topic. Please go to:
Interoperating with Unmanaged Code
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...p?frame=tru e

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Does this answer your question? Thank you for using Microsoft NewsGroup!

Wei-Dong Xu
Microsoft Product Support Services