Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2000 math question, repost

Steve,

Not too sure the exact details of what you want, but try

=IF(L6775,(I67(L67),I67-(L67),0),0)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Steve Lenaghan" wrote in message
1- I use a formula =IF(L6775,L67-75,0) to calculate extra billing

charges
in excess of 75 units. This works fine.

2- I have a second formula =IF(I67(L67),I67-(L67),0) to calculate

charges,
at a different rate, above the result of the first formula. This formula
works fine if the result of formula 1 is 0, however if the result of
formula 1 is 0 I get an undesirable figure. I've been playing with the
formula but I haven't done this in 15 years and am lost.

I have a attached a stripped version of sheet

TIA

Steve L.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Steve,

Sorry, I missed an IF. Try this instead

=IF(L6775,IF(I67L67,I67-L67,0),0)

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That was actually the simplest part of the whole thing.

If L =0 then the formula should calculate I - L -75

If L <=75 then the formula should calculate I - L

75 being the customer call allowance.

I am not very good at nested calculations like this, can you suggest a good
help source?