Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dynamic Selection of Pivottable Drop Down Items

Hello,

I have a pivottable report that is generated from an OLAP cube. One of
the elements of the table is a Date field. For this report, I want to
automatically select the Last 6 months from the drop down menu (based on
current date) when the spreadsheet is opened.

For example, I have the date item on columns. Since it's november, I
want to automatically select June, July, August, September, October,
November for the initial display.

I have seen this done on pivottables based off of dynamic range data,
but have not been able to find anything on OLAP based pivottables. Does
anybody have any ideas on if/how this would work?

Thanks in advance for any help!
ph