Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default highlighting row

I have a very large spreadsheet with first and last names
in the first two columns. Is there any way for me tell
the spreadsheet to highlight the row I am on when I click
on a cell?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This will do as you want, BUT, beware that this effectively disables any undo
levels - so be careful:-

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rowliner.htm

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP

Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference

wrote in message
I have a very large spreadsheet with first and last names
in the first two columns. Is there any way for me tell
the spreadsheet to highlight the row I am on when I click
on a cell?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Check out this

This one from J.E
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/highl...iteRetainColor

Or Chip Pearson's RowLiner add-in
http://cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

wrote in message ...
I have a very large spreadsheet with first and last names
in the first two columns. Is there any way for me tell
the spreadsheet to highlight the row I am on when I click
on a cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ken

my note re undo levels

Most macro's have that problem

But maybe a note about this on the sites is a suggestion for J.E and Chip

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

wrote in message

I have a very large spreadsheet with first and last names
in the first two columns. Is there any way for me tell
the spreadsheet to highlight the row I am on when I click
on a cell?

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Wow! Thanks it works great. But, how do I make it work
when the spreadsheet is protected?? PS I am the person who
protected it, but I want it protected when others use it.

This will do as you want, BUT, beware that this

effectively disables any undo
levels - so be careful:-

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rowliner.htm

--
Regards
Ken....................... Microsoft MVP -

Excel
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP

------------------

wrote in message
I have a very large spreadsheet with first and last

names
in the first two columns. Is there any way for me tell
the spreadsheet to highlight the row I am on when I

click
on a cell?

---

01/11/2003