Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help with "if" statement formula

One way might be. Modify to suit
=INDEX(H4:H5,MATCH(1,H4:H5,-1))

"scott" wrote in message
Hi folks. I have 4 cells and each containe a v-lookup
formula. Only one of the 4 cells will ever contain a
number, the other 3 will contain #n/a since I used the
false statement in the v-lookup formula.

Now I would like to have a formula that would pick
whichever one of these 4 cells contain the number, and
exclude the other 3.

I have experimented with
=if(a20,a2) and this works fine, but how to continue the
formula to include B2, C2, and D2 is my question. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don. That formula works perfectly. If you were to
translate that formula into plain english, how would it be
phrased? It's a little strange that I had acually messed
with the "paste function" Fx thing and chose the index
function. However, I couldn't figure out exactly how to
use it so I gave up. Thanks again, Scott
Hi folks. I have 4 cells and each containe a v-lookup
formula. Only one of the 4 cells will ever contain a
number, the other 3 will contain #n/a since I used the
false statement in the v-lookup formula.

Now I would like to have a formula that would pick
whichever one of these 4 cells contain the number, and
exclude the other 3.

I have experimented with
=if(a20,a2) and this works fine, but how to continue

the
formula to include B2, C2, and D2 is my question.

Thanks

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Let's see.
Find a number is the match 1 part. which finds the row
Then just index the range with that row
Have a look at the match function and then the index function.