Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Data Refresh Errors

Hello:
I have worksheets with a query to an Oracle database.
Every now and then Refresh Data fails, whereas, it was
working before. I don't know what could have changed in
my environment. Now another user, who was able to Refresh
Data, can no longer do so. If I create a new worksheet
with the same DSN and query it works fine. Can anyone
tell me how to prevent this error? Thank you for any
information.

This is the error I receive when I execute Refresh Data.

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr
failed
[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle]Invalid connection
string attribute

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Suzanne

Compare the connection strings of the new workbook's querytable with the one
that doesn't work. With the working querytable open and active, go to the
immediate window (alt-F11 to open the VBE, cntrl-G to show the Immediate
Window. Type this

?Sheet1.QueryTables(1).Connection

replacing Sheet1 with the proper sheet codename. Then do the same thing
with the querytable that doesn't work. Is there any difference in the
connection string? If so, it sounds like the database was changed and that
screwed up the existing querytable.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel