Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Locking Visual Basic Cell References

Here is the problem...Please help...
I wote a Visual Basic (VB) progam that calculates a flow value and places it in a certain cell in excel...lets call this cell B2

The cell to the left of B2 is A2. A2 contains a descriptor of what is in B2
see below

A B
1
2 pipe 1 256

(256 is the value that VB caculated)
lets say I want to delete row 1. My worksheet now look like this...
A B
1 pipe 1 256

I now clear the value in cell B1 and my workshet looks like this...

A B
1 pipe 1

if i re-run the program I get the following...
A B
1 pipe
256

Note that Visual Basic continues to place the calculated value in B2 . How do I "lock" the VB cell reference on the desired cell lcation? The desired cell location is now B1.