-   -   Locking Visual Basic Cell References (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281616-locking-visual-basic-cell-references.html)

Felicia[_2_]

Locking Visual Basic Cell References

Here is the problem...Please help...
I wote a Visual Basic (VB) progam that calculates a flow value and places it in a certain cell in excel...lets call this cell B2

The cell to the left of B2 is A2. A2 contains a descriptor of what is in B2
see below

A B
1
2 pipe 1 256

(256 is the value that VB caculated)
lets say I want to delete row 1. My worksheet now look like this...
A B
1 pipe 1 256

I now clear the value in cell B1 and my workshet looks like this...

A B
1 pipe 1

if i re-run the program I get the following...
A B
1 pipe
256

Note that Visual Basic continues to place the calculated value in B2 . How do I "lock" the VB cell reference on the desired cell lcation? The desired cell location is now B1.

Trevor Shuttleworth

Locking Visual Basic Cell References

Felicia

there is no link between the VB code and the cell reference. So, if you
delete a row in Excel, the code does not adjust itself ... it will still
refer to cell B2. You will need to give the cell a reference name in Excel,
for example, ValueCell. Then, in your code you can use something like
Range("ValueCell").Value = 256.

Regards

Trevor

"Felicia" wrote in message
[...]

Felicia[_3_]

Locking Visual Basic Cell References

THANK YOU TREVOR!! that worked Beautifully!

Trevor Shuttleworth

Locking Visual Basic Cell References

Felicia

you are most welcome!