Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default User form trouble

I have created 2 macros in Module form. A co-worker turned
me on to creating a "user form" to select the correct
macro to run based on information selected in the combobox
drop bown window.

My question is how do I get the userform to reconize the
combobox info as a seperate macro to run from my Macro
module? Do I use the "If/then run or goto statment" I am
at a loss on this. can anyone help.

TIA
Patty
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Patty,

Not sure if I totally understand but I will take a stab.

Firstly, put the macros in a general module. Don't make them Private.

Then, for the combobox click event use some code like

Select Case Combobox1.ListIndex
Case 1: macro1()
Case 2: macro2()
etc.
End Select

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Patty" wrote in message
I have created 2 macros in Module form. A co-worker turned
me on to creating a "user form" to select the correct
macro to run based on information selected in the combobox
drop bown window.

My question is how do I get the userform to reconize the
combobox info as a seperate macro to run from my Macro
module? Do I use the "If/then run or goto statment" I am
at a loss on this. can anyone help.

TIA
Patty

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

I am not sure if I follow.

If my "Combobox" is called "Formulas" and my
"Command buttons" are "Calculate" and "Cancel"
The two formulas are called "Sub FeetPerRoll () and Sub
ImpressionsPerRoll ()"

When th ComboBox is equal to Feet Per Roll I want to run
the FeetPerRoll () macro and so on.

Also I created the macros in module form so they are only
active if this spreadsheet is open, so would'ent the
module be public to start with or does it have to be
specified that way.

I thank you again.
[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Patty,

This is what I think you want. The 2 macros can be in the form module or in
a general module (my preference), but doing your code.

Private Sub Calculate_Click()

Select Case Formulas.ListIndex
Case 0: FeetPerRoll
Case 1: ImpresssionsPerRoll
End Select

End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
With Formulas
.Clear
.AddItem "Feet Per Roll"
.AddItem "Impressions Per Roll"
.ListIndex = 0
End With
End Sub

Sub FeetPerRoll()
MsgBox "Feet Per Roll"
End Sub

Sub ImpresssionsPerRoll()
MsgBox "Impressions Per Roll"

HTH

Bob Phillips

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for your help and understanding on this Bob.

wrote in message
[...]

... looking out across Poole Harbour to the

Purbecks
(remove nothere from the email address if mailing

direct)

"Patty" wrote in

message
I have created 2 macros in Module form. A co-worker

turned
me on to creating a "user form" to select the correct
macro to run based on information selected in the

combobox
drop bown window.

My question is how do I get the userform to reconize

the
combobox info as a seperate macro to run from my

Macro
module? Do I use the "If/then run or goto statment"

I am
at a loss on this. can anyone help.

TIA
Patty

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob

When I go to test this form below I get an Compile error
that states, "With objects must be user-defined type,
object or variant" OK/Help.

I looked in the help file and did not really see anything
that would help me.

Any suggestions.

wrote in message
[...]

2003: Having trouble with conditional formatting with custom user function (Repost) Clif McIrvin[_2_] Excel Worksheet Functions 5 February 17th 09 09:25 PM
How do I fill a cell in a user form from a selection on same form? Terry Tipsy Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 June 11th 07 02:59 PM
Trouble with saving user input in an Excel Form. University of Maine student Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 March 14th 06 07:31 PM
user form Bill[_19_] Excel Programming 0 October 23rd 03 04:32 AM
I am looking to see if anybody has an equivalant user form to Outlooks CONTACT form BruceJ[_2_] Excel Programming 2 October 15th 03 05:28 PM