Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Transferring data from on excel spreadsheet to another

Hi,
I have one spreadsheet with many columns where users enter
data for historical and reporting purposes. I have
another spreadsheet where one complete record is shown
(one row in the first spreadsheet), i.e. an order form, or
an approval form. What I need to do is automate the data
transfer between the first and second spreadsheet. So
that the user doesn't have to enter the same data twice.
In other words, when the user enters a row of data in the
first spreadsheet, a macro (or something else???) takes
the data and transfers it to the correct cells in the
second spreadsheet (the approval form). Is this possible
in excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How about this:

In your form worksheet, you put formulas that point back to that first sheet.

In one cell, =sheet1!a1
in another cell, =sheet1!b1
etc.

In fact, you may want to use:
=if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1)
to keep from returning 0's when the cell is empty.

Then in the tabular worksheet (sheet1), you can use row 1 as the "sending" row,
row 2 gets the headers, and rows 3-9999 get the real data.

When the user wants to print his form, they just copy row x on top of row 1.

and then print the Forms worksheet.

(make sure that they copy|paste, not cut|paste.)

--

Dave Peterson