Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sending print commands to the printer

I have a macro that I am trying to setup that will print a
workbook. This workbook has different worksheet that
require legal vs. Letter paper. For example...

The first defined print area in financial. It requires 3
copies and needs to be printed on legal paper from tray
1. After that, the macro will print a summary and it
requires 3 copies on letter from tray 2. Can somebody
help me out on sending print commands to a printer from a
macro. I have the commands needed, But I am having
problems pulling it all together.

Thanks to all that participate in these valuable NG!!

Brady Snow
McKinney, Texas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jaf jaf is offline

Hi Brady,
Sorry, there is no easy way to access the printer trays from VBA.

This will show a API solution. It's very complex.
http://www.microsoft.com/accessdev/a...0.htm?&gssnb=1

One sneaky trick is to make copies of your printer. (in explorercontrol
panelprinters)
So if you have a HP Laser Jet you will need...
HP Laser Jet
HP Laser Jet (1)
Set HP Laser Jet to print from tray 1, and HP Laser Jet (1) to print from
tray 2.

Print the first 3 pages to HP Laser Jet.
Then all you need to do is print your summary to HP Laser Jet (1)

--

John

johnf202 at hotmail dot com