Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to create a message box to keep track of progress

Hello,

I have a fairly sophisticated macro that opens some text
files, imports some data, and then closes the text file.
I have 112 of these files. Running the macro will run
through all 112 files in chronological order. I have
turned off the screen updating. The process takes about
5 - 10 minutes. Rather than look at what appears to be an
inactive screen, I would like to display a message box
that keeps track of the number of files processed during
the run. How would I display a message box that would
continually update as a new file gets opened and
processed. I want the message box to always be present
during the process with the only option to abort.

Thanks,
Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This gives the basic technique. If you don't want to show a progress bar,
put a message in the textbox.

Displaying a Progress Indicator

John Walkenbach's site

Tom Ogilvy