-   -   How to create a message box to keep track of progress (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/281068-how-create-message-box-keep-track-progress.html)

Jeff Armstrong

How to create a message box to keep track of progress

Hello,

I have a fairly sophisticated macro that opens some text
files, imports some data, and then closes the text file.
I have 112 of these files. Running the macro will run
through all 112 files in chronological order. I have
turned off the screen updating. The process takes about
5 - 10 minutes. Rather than look at what appears to be an
inactive screen, I would like to display a message box
that keeps track of the number of files processed during
the run. How would I display a message box that would
continually update as a new file gets opened and
processed. I want the message box to always be present
during the process with the only option to abort.

Thanks,
Jeff

Tom Ogilvy

How to create a message box to keep track of progress

This gives the basic technique. If you don't want to show a progress bar,
put a message in the textbox.

Displaying a Progress Indicator

John Walkenbach's site

Tom Ogilvy