Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default edit default excel template

Hi, we have several users using Excel in a terminal services\Citrix
environment. I need to change a setting in the default excel template
so that every time a user starts excel, they have a particular setting
set.
The setting they need is under tools\options, then on the Calculation
tab, they need the 'Accept labels in formulas' option to be ticked
(which it isn't by default).
What do I need to do to enable this for all users in a multi-user
environment?

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Karen,

Open whatever file is automatically loaded at startup in the default
XLStart folder, make the changes to your Tools | Options..., then save
that file. If it is a blank book, then open/save Book.xlt - make sure
you save it as an Excel template.

Excel's default settings are set by the first file that is opened.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"kefranks" wrote in message
Hi, we have several users using Excel in a terminal services\Citrix
environment. I need to change a setting in the default excel

template
so that every time a user starts excel, they have a particular

setting
set.
The setting they need is under tools\options, then on the

Calculation
tab, they need the 'Accept labels in formulas' option to be ticked
(which it isn't by default).
What do I need to do to enable this for all users in a multi-user
environment?

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Karen

~~ View and post usenet messages directly from

http://www.ExcelForum.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Bernie, is this definitely the same on a citrix server too ?

I was having a look around for help yesterday and couldn't find
anywhere what the default Excel template file is, I only found articles
saying that if you want to create a template, you can create it in the
xlstart folder. I did this and it appeared to work for me so I left the
file in there. Then later on that day, other users had logged on to the
citrix server and started using excel, so I went to delete the template
file I'd created, and it wouldn't let me delete it as it said the file
was in use...

Also, if I tried to open excel, I got a message saying I could only
open it as read only. This got me a little worried as I thought other
users might have been getting the same message.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know anything about citrix servers: your Book.xlt file should
be opened, the settings modified, then resaved in whatever XLStart
folder is the default, and closed. Then it should work (might work,
but it's worth a try... :-) ) for any user who uses that default
folder.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP