Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
kefranks[_2_] kefranks[_2_] is offline

Default edit default excel template

Thanks Bernie, is this definitely the same on a citrix server too ?

I was having a look around for help yesterday and couldn't find
anywhere what the default Excel template file is, I only found articles
saying that if you want to create a template, you can create it in the
xlstart folder. I did this and it appeared to work for me so I left the
file in there. Then later on that day, other users had logged on to the
citrix server and started using excel, so I went to delete the template
file I'd created, and it wouldn't let me delete it as it said the file
was in use...

Also, if I tried to open excel, I got a message saying I could only
open it as read only. This got me a little worried as I thought other
users might have been getting the same message.