Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default References in VBA macros ?

I wonder, what would be the best method for setting references to .XLA
add-ins ? In my case, I'm developing an Excel-VBA application for a
customer. This application uses XLODBC.XLA, and I'd like to be able to
update the macro versions easily after making the changes with my own PC (at
my home office).
Now the customer may have another version of MS Office and Excel, and the
XLODBC-reference I'm using, is not valid in my customer's LAN.

So I'm looking for a general solution here, any suggestions ?

Kaj Bredenberg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do you suggest that this command would be in Sub Auto_Open() of the Workbook
?

Kaj B.
"Tom Ogilvy" kirjoitti viestissä

KajBre wrote in message
I wonder, what would be the best method for setting references to .XLA
add-ins ? In my case, I'm developing an Excel-VBA application for a
customer. This application uses XLODBC.XLA, and I'd like to be able to
update the macro versions easily after making the changes with my own PC

(at
my home office).
Now the customer may have another version of MS Office and Excel, and

the
XLODBC-reference I'm using, is not valid in my customer's LAN.

So I'm looking for a general solution here, any suggestions ?

Kaj Bredenberg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you use application run to call a subroutine/function in another
workbook/addin

With a reference you can do

mymacro where mymacro is in myxla.xla

without a reference you do