Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sum Function

I have a 32 Row (variable)10 column worksheet, each row
cell containing a number. The columns represent months
and the number is inserted monthly. What I want to do is
to add the highest 6 numbers out of the 10 on a rolling
basis. I can't get my brain round this one !! Can antone
help??

Tks

Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Something like:
=Sum(Large(A2:Q2,{1,2,3,4,5,6}))

This assumes you want the sum by row. Not sure where your numbers are, so
adjust the range argument.

Tom Ogilvy

"TomD" wrote in message
I have a 32 Row (variable)10 column worksheet, each row
cell containing a number. The columns represent months
and the number is inserted monthly. What I want to do is
to add the highest 6 numbers out of the 10 on a rolling
basis. I can't get my brain round this one !! Can antone
help??

Tks

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here is a good start.
=SUM(LARGE(A1:A20,{1,2,3,4,5,6}))

HTH,
Merjet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,

This formula gives you the 6 largest in A1:J1

=SUM(LARGE(A1:J1,{1,2,3,4,5,6}))

It's an array formula, so enter with Ctrl-Shift-Enter

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"TomD" wrote in message
I have a 32 Row (variable)10 column worksheet, each row
cell containing a number. The columns represent months
and the number is inserted monthly. What I want to do is
to add the highest 6 numbers out of the 10 on a rolling
basis. I can't get my brain round this one !! Can antone
help??

Tks

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Gents,

To all who replied, many thanks for prompt response.
Simple really, brain re-engaged. Thanks a lot.

Tom

.