Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default No Buttons on message box

Ok thnx to the help from here I've created a messsage box that
automatically disappears.

What I try to do now is to create a message box without the OK button
(or any other button). So just a message in a window.
I however do not want to design a Userform, since I'll need this type
of box many times in my program with different messages.

Does any one know of a solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If your goal is to display a message for a certain period of time, you
could probably adapt the 'DisplayTextBox' routine in this thread.

http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&l...3dc776c&rnum=1

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.
Ok thnx to the help from here I've created a messsage box that
automatically disappears.

What I try to do now is to create a message box without the OK button
(or any other button). So just a message in a window.
I however do not want to design a Userform, since I'll need this type
of box many times in my program with different messages.

Does any one know of a solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I know that it is not a standard option. THere must be a way to not show
the buttons. Maybe by defining a message in a different way which I
don't know of. THe only requirements that I've gor is that a Userform
is impossible due to efficiency.

any one else?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Even the Windows API message box doesn't have an option for showing no
buttons, so I doubt you will be able to do this since that is the basis for
the messagebox you are using.

Tom Ogilvy

"Bijl167" wrote in message
I know that it is not a standard option. THere must be a way to not show
the buttons. Maybe by defining a message in a different way which I
don't know of. THe only requirements that I've gor is that a Userform
is impossible due to efficiency.

any one else?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A funky way might be to have your code insert a sheet.
Turn off grid lines.
Put in text (where and how you want it)
Than delete the sheet.

Or use a xlVeryHidden sheet and just show it and change the text
Than rehide it.

Using the following will help eliminate flicker
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
* some code *
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
* more code (if you want) *