Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Office97 controls seems different on Office2000/XP

I have made a solution in Excel97 and the controls (labels, combobox etc.)
looks different in the new version. They all seem sunken and if I click on
the control it comes up to "normal" state.

What can I do to avoid this behaviour?

Ulver

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ulver,

The old control may not give a nice looking in the new version. So far as I know on this issue, I'd suggest you can check the reference windows,
which is located in Tools-Reference... of Visual Basic Editor, to see whether your excel project use the old controls. If it is, please choose the
newer one for them.

Furthermore, if the issue remains and it is convenience for you, I'd suggest you can mail your excel project file to me or post them in the
newsgroup. I will test them for you.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Does this answer your question? Thank you for using Microsoft NewsGroup!

Wei-Dong Xu
Microsoft Product Support Services

--------------------
From: "Ulver Pedersen"
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.programming
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:31:53 +0200

eurorings.net!news.tele.dk!news.tele.dk!small.news .tele.dk!lnewsoutpeer01.lnd.ops.eu.uu.net!lnewsinp eer01.lnd.ops.eu.uu.net!
lnewspost00.lnd.ops.eu.uu.net!emea.uu.net!news.dk. uu.net!not-for-mail

I have made a solution in Excel97 and the controls (labels, combobox etc.)
looks different in the new version. They all seem sunken and if I click on
the control it comes up to "normal" state.

What can I do to avoid this behaviour?

Ulver

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the answer

I can see the references dialog, but as I see it, it can not solve my
problem.

The file I am making is a small "application" containing several controls
and VBA code. It will be distributed to users having both Excel97 and all
newer versions on different Windows versions. I create the "application" in
Excel97 to make sure it will work probably at Excel97 users. So I am looking
for af way to make the controls look nice in both Excel97 and all newer
versions. How do I do that?

Ulver

"Wei-Dong Xu [MSFT]" wrote in message
Hi Ulver,

The old control may not give a nice looking in the new version. So far as

I know on this issue, I'd suggest you can check the reference windows,
which is located in Tools-Reference... of Visual Basic Editor, to see

whether your excel project use the old controls. If it is, please choose the
newer one for them.

Furthermore, if the issue remains and it is convenience for you, I'd

suggest you can mail your excel project file to me or post them in the
newsgroup. I will test them for you.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Does this answer your question? Thank you for using Microsoft NewsGroup!

Wei-Dong Xu
Microsoft Product Support Services

rights.

--------------------
From: "Ulver Pedersen"
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.programming
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:31:53 +0200
cpmsftngxa06.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfeed 00.sul.t-online.de!t-onlin
e.de!news-lei1.dfn.de!news-fra1.dfn.de!npeer.de.kpn-

eurorings.net!news.tele.dk!news.tele.dk!small.news .tele.dk!lnewsoutpeer01.ln
d.ops.eu.uu.net!lnewsinpeer01.lnd.ops.eu.uu.net!
lnewspost00.lnd.ops.eu.uu.net!emea.uu.net!news.dk. uu.net!not-for-mail

I have made a solution in Excel97 and the controls (labels, combobox

etc.)
looks different in the new version. They all seem sunken and if I click

on
the control it comes up to "normal" state.

What can I do to avoid this behaviour?

Ulver

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ulver,

Thank you for replying and more information on this issue!

I'd suggest whether you have change the control looking with some codes. So far as I know, if you set BackStyle = 0 and shadow = true, this will
give an effect that is like what you have described in the last message.

If not, I'd suggest you mail me your project so that I can have a test for you. I have sent one mail for you on this issue. Thank you in advance!

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.