Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro adding a number to a number already in a cell

See answer to the second posting of this question.

Tom Ogilvy

Todd wrote in message
I am entering numbers like "5.725" into a cell next to a
given part number.

then later on I might come back to the same cell and need
to enter and additional amount like 4.5

so I need to hit the = sign and get the cell to
say "=5,725+4.5 becuase I need to see the detail behind
the total of the cell.

can a macro be made that will take me to edit mode simular
to f2 but will automatically put the = in front of the
original number then jump to the right of it place a + and
be ready for me to type the 2nd value

so :

go to a cell with a number already in it

hit the macro

get my cursor blinking for data entry with the original
number still intact and an = to the left of it and a + to
the right of the original number

=5.725+"I type the new number here and hit the green check

thanks