Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Quick summary?

I have a spreadsheet that I'd like to create a quick summary for. Cell B
has my printer model number and cell D has the part number for the
toner cartridge. Basicly I want to add up all the like items in column
B and display at the end of the sheet display the item name and how
many there are along with the part number for the toner in the
following format.

Model Number Toner PN #of Printers

Can anyone help me with this? I've been banging my head on it for a
while, and I'm sure there's got to be a way to do it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assume you have a list of Tone PN in column B, with the first number in B300
under number of printers (assume formula is in C300)

=countif(B1:B290,B300)

I can't say where you would get the model number from

An alternative might be to select your data and create a pivot table report
under the Data menu. This should build the count you want.

Tom Ogilvy

"DarkHound" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that I'd like to create a quick summary for. Cell B
has my printer model number and cell D has the part number for the
toner cartridge. Basicly I want to add up all the like items in column
B and display at the end of the sheet display the item name and how
many there are along with the part number for the toner in the
following format.

Model Number Toner PN #of Printers

Can anyone help me with this? I've been banging my head on it for a
while, and I'm sure there's got to be a way to do it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use the menu Data | Advance Filter | copy to another location | unique
records only, making the "copy to" in column B below your records. This will
make a list of the unique Model Numbers.

To the right of this unique list, use column C and the VLOOKUP function to
show the Toner PN. Use column D and the COUNTIF function to show how many
there are of each Model Number.

HTH,
Merjet

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok I dont' think I was totally clear here. I want a new sheet to display
a filtered version of column B in column A on the second sheet.

In the end I want the sheet to display as the following:

Filtered Model# | Corresponding Toner Part# | # of printers of
this Model#

The advance filter would work, but it doesn't work across sheets. Or so
excel tells me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The advance filter would work, but it doesn't work across sheets. Or so
excel tells me.

Turn on the macro recorder. Do the Advanced Filter. Turn off the macro
recorder. Then change the macro's CopyToRange target, e.g. :
CopyToRange:= Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A1")

HTH,
Merjet