Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Web Automation

I have done a lot with Excel but now I'm way outside my knowledge
base. I have an Excel spreadsheet that generates a template which is
then manually loaded into a web page, "http://irep.oraucoc.org/", for
further calculation. Is there a way to automate the upload process and
have the calculated result returned to the spreadsheet? Any help would
be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default RE Excel Web Automation

Look at my site below on how to upload webform data
without using a browser at all. What you need is to
submit the webform shown on
http://irep.oraucoc.org/excelfiles/savedfile.asp

you need to look at the underlying html code to see the
form gets sent to
http://irep.oraucoc.org/excelfiles/upload_protected.asp
this is your target URL, forget about all the others

you need to fill in the form field, which is called
FILE1, so your form data will look like
FILE1=c:\data\somefile.xls

now look at my code to see where to put the URL and the
form data....

Dermot Balson
Free VBA code for user interfaces, internet connectivity,
encryption
http://www.webace.com.au/~balson/Ins...l/Default.html
Last updated August 2003

.