Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cancelling Safe Mode Programatically

I have an application ( writtern in VB ) that makes use of
Excel to extract data from a largish no. of files.

Every so often, ( sometimes weeks apart ) an internal
error occurs and my VB call to

dim XCel as New Excel.Application

fails with a 'Cannot Create Object' error. If I open Excel
manually, after such an error, I am told an error has
occurred - do I wish to open in safe mode. If I open
normally and shut down, then my program will execute
without errors. However if I do not, every time the above
call is reached, the program raises an error.

Is there any way of overcoming this problem without
resorting to manual intervention?

Thanks in advance