Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default System Registry

Hi,

I wrote an Excel application in Excel 97 SR-2. It works
fine on my machine running Windows NT. The problem is
that when I try and run it from some machines with Windows
2000 on them then I get odd errors. It seems that the
program wants me to declare the variables that I used, and
it does not recognise the VBA commands such as Str().
Also when I try and open the references dialog box, to see
if the correct DLLs have been linked, it says that the
System Registry cannot be accessed. This however does not
happen on all machines with Windows 2000 on them as the
program works perfectly on some of them.

Any ideas? I am really stumped.

Thanks
Darryl
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It sounds like you have a reference to a DLL that is not located on the
problematic machine. I would go to your machine and check all the
references and make sure you actually need them. Remove any that you are
not using. If you still get problems, go to the problematic machine without
using your file and look in tools references and try to find all the
references you have in your application. If you can't find one or more,
then that would probably be the source of the problem.

Tom Ogilvy

"Darryl Bailey" wrote in message

I wrote an Excel application in Excel 97 SR-2. It works
fine on my machine running Windows NT. The problem is
that when I try and run it from some machines with Windows
2000 on them then I get odd errors. It seems that the
program wants me to declare the variables that I used, and
it does not recognise the VBA commands such as Str().
Also when I try and open the references dialog box, to see
if the correct DLLs have been linked, it says that the
System Registry cannot be accessed. This however does not
happen on all machines with Windows 2000 on them as the
program works perfectly on some of them.

Any ideas? I am really stumped.

Thanks
Darryl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom,

Thank you so much for your reply. It worked like a
charm. One small problem that I have now is that if I
save the file on that computer and then try and open it,
it causes a fatal error with an error report that is being
generated. Again only on some computers. If I open the
original, or don't save then it works fine. It is not too
much of a problem as the users do not need to save the
Excel app.

Thanks
Darryl

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I haven't heard of that one, but I would go back to your machine and work
with the original again. I would use Rob Boveys free code cleaner utililty.

http://www.appspro.com

once you have cleaned you file, save it, then test it on one of the
problematic machines.

If that doesn't work, you might want to export your code and other stuff,
then open a new file and copy over worksheets and so forth, then import your
code and forms and try using that file.

[...]

How do I open an Excel file on XP system, saved on a Vista system JLS7 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 December 2nd 08 04:21 AM
error accessing system registry Donna Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 July 11th 06 09:22 PM
excel causing system to be in low system resource inenewbl Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 April 5th 05 04:11 PM
Registry Tom Ogilvy Excel Programming 1 July 16th 03 01:02 AM
Registry Patrick Molloy[_4_] Excel Programming 0 July 15th 03 12:45 PM