Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default button to execute macro

Excel 2002, following the instructions in Help, I create
a button to which I wish to assign a macro. Help tells me
to right-click on the button and a menu selection will
come up "Assign Macro." When I do this, no such menu
selection comes up. The question is, how do I execute a
macro using the button? Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

R.,

Right click your button again, does a menu selection
"properties" appear? If so... you've used a button from
the Control Toolbox toolbar when I believe what you
wanted was a button from the Forms toolbar. Go View
Toolbars and view the forms toolbar. Use a button from
that toolbar, it should have the "Assign Macro" option.

Dan E

"R. Holland" wrote in message ...
Excel 2002, following the instructions in Help, I create
a button to which I wish to assign a macro. Help tells me
to right-click on the button and a menu selection will
come up "Assign Macro." When I do this, no such menu
selection comes up. The question is, how do I execute a
macro using the button? Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You have created the button from the Controls toolbar. Delete the button and
make a new one from the Forms Toolbar.

There is often a lot of confusion over this.

HTH
Anders Silvén

"R. Holland" skrev i meddelandet
Excel 2002, following the instructions in Help, I create
a button to which I wish to assign a macro. Help tells me
to right-click on the button and a menu selection will
come up "Assign Macro." When I do this, no such menu
selection comes up. The question is, how do I execute a
macro using the button? Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you want to use the control button for your macro, then when you right
click on it, select View Code, you can then enter your macro under the Click
sub created for you by vba.

Took me ages to figure this out too !! :)

Cheers

Joe