Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Button to execute Add-in

I have created an Excel add-in that executes a simple function(pops up a
messagebox). I did this by adding a new Module in the VB editor. How can i
create a custom button in the toolbar to execute this function. PLease help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel 2003

Tools-Customize-Toolbars-New
Enter the name you want...
Click on Commands Tab and choose Macros and drag the Custom Button to the
new toolbar then Right Click on the button, choose Assign Macro and pick your
Macra

You can dock the new toolbar anywhere you want...

Assign your macro to the tool bar...

"Aerojade" wrote:

I have created an Excel add-in that executes a simple function(pops up a
messagebox). I did this by adding a new Module in the VB editor. How can i
create a custom button in the toolbar to execute this function. PLease help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would use code to create a new toolbar with all the buttons that run the
macros in your addin.

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:
or
http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php...g_custom_menus

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Add-ins do not execute functions.

Add-ins are workbooks that contain macros or functions.

Did you open a new workbook, add a module and stick some code into that
module then save the workbook as an Add-in?

Have you loaded that add-in through ToolsAdd-ins?

If so, see the other replies for executing the macro in that add-in.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP