Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Event for conditional formatting?

Hello!

Is there any way to check in my VBA code if Conditional Formattig is ON
somewhere in my worksheet?

This would be useful for error checking in worksheet before going to other
worksheet

Thanks for any advice!
Tommi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you mean, is a format being produced by conditional formatting because a
criteria is met, I don't believe that is possible without recovering the
criteria from the format and testing it.

If you mean is there any conditiona formatting in a worksheet, you can
select a single cell and do Edit=GoTo=Special and select conditional
formatting. Turn on the macro recorder while you do it manually to get the
code.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tommi" wrote in message
Hello!

Is there any way to check in my VBA code if Conditional Formattig is ON
somewhere in my worksheet?

This would be useful for error checking in worksheet before going to other
worksheet

Thanks for any advice!
Tommi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your response!
What I meant was this first thing you wrote: to be able to check if a format
is being produced by conditional formatting somewhere in the sheet (in
other words if there are multiple ranges with conditional formatting, if ANY
of these meets its criteria and produces conditional formatting).

-Tommi-