Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Strange Occurrence

Hello,

I had something very strange happen to me today. I have 2
files that are each linked to the same source file. I
updated the source file and relinked file #1. I then
closed the source file and opened file #2 because I wanted
to compare the changes in file #1 to file #2. When I
opened file #2, the links in file #1 changed and all of a
sudden did not include the changes I had made in the
source document. I then closed file #2 and re-opened the
source file and the numbers in file #1 went back to the
correct numbers.

Does anyone know what is happening here? It would be a
big advantage to have both file #1 and #2 open at the same
time, but I cannot afford to do so if the numbers in file
#1 are going to change. Any help would be much
appreciated.

John