Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Please Help with RTD server over network

2 computers in the same network domain.

From
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...xlrtdbuild.asp I
downloaded and registered RTDTime.dll to try simplest example:
=RTD("RTDTime.RTD",,"Now")

Works fine locally (Excel 2002). However I can't get same function to work
from each other server. (lets say \\node1 and \\node2)

=RTD("RTDTime.RTD","Node1","Now") or vice versa!

I went thru article
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;285888 (DCOM and
RTD) and added 'Everyone' with full access to all 3 configurations in Dcom
(on both computers).
My default Authentication level is 'Connect' and default Impersonation level
is 'Identify' and DCOM is enabled. I restarted both computers and
even tried =RTD("RTDTime.RTD","Node1.DomainName","Now")

It's a very simple example (you can find it in the first link). If someone
who has tried it could tell me any tips that would be great. Thank you.

Serge