Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default SolverOK Problem after SP-3 Update

I couldn't figure out how to reply directly to this old
thread, but I wanted to thank Elsid1 for solving my problem
with solverok after the sp3 upgrade. The solution offered
of reverting to the original version of solver.xla worked.

I would just like to add an additional observation to the
problem. If the VBA code in the solverok expression refers
directly to a cell i.e. setcell:="$D$7" the code executes
correctly in sp3. However if the expression is a variable
i.e. setcell:=MIN_ERROR the entire line is ignored and no
values are set.

To reiterate the variable containging code worked before
sp3, stopped working after the sp3 patch, and worked once
more with the version of solver.xla from the sr1 version of
office copied over the sp3 version.

On 2003-05-28 Elsid1 wrote:
After updating my Office 2000 program using service pack
three I found that some macros, which contained the
SolverOK function, no longer worked, specifically the
values assigned to the set cell and the variable cells
remained blank. I noticed that after using the service
pack the SOLVER.XLA file had changed so I reinstalled the
old add-in file from the version before using SP-3 and the
macros again functioned as they should. I could find no
mention of this on the MS support web site. My question
is "is this a known problem?"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just to mention...

XL2000: The Solver Add-in May Not Work When You Start Solver by Using a
Macro
http://support.microsoft.com/default...30&Product=xlw

--
Dana DeLouis
Using Windows XP & Office XP

"Joe Zaccardi" wrote in message
I couldn't figure out how to reply directly to this old
thread, but I wanted to thank Elsid1 for solving my problem
with solverok after the sp3 upgrade. The solution offered
of reverting to the original version of solver.xla worked.

I would just like to add an additional observation to the
problem. If the VBA code in the solverok expression refers
directly to a cell i.e. setcell:="$D$7" the code executes
correctly in sp3. However if the expression is a variable
i.e. setcell:=MIN_ERROR the entire line is ignored and no
values are set.

To reiterate the variable containging code worked before
sp3, stopped working after the sp3 patch, and worked once
more with the version of solver.xla from the sr1 version of
office copied over the sp3 version.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yep, I saw this in the only other thread on this subject.
Even though the fix 'exists' Microsoft insists on being
paid for the fixed file. Since I'm using a coporate
license--I don't qualify for free help. I was in the
process of gathering information to alert my IT people to
the issue when I stumbled upon Elsids1's solution.

Maybe they'll make the fix freely available someday.