Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Mastersheet update problem...

Hey there all...
My brain is frying. I need to know if the following is possible.

I am running a small designer business and have three employees each with
their own PC. I have a master workbook with all their names where I can add
projects to each individual person, now my problem is that when they receive
their projects they should be able to fill in details about their projects
and upon saving their workbooks my master workbook should automatically
update, whereas I can determine how far each designer has progressed.
Updating bothways to put it in that context...Hope this make sense..it is
driving me nuts. Please Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Mark,

I'm no expert but at my work it happens like this:
If your PC's are all on a shared drive then you can give your workbook
shared access so all of you can be updating it at the same time.

I don't know the answer if you're not though... sorry!
--
Steffi
********

"Markv" wrote:

Hey there all...
My brain is frying. I need to know if the following is possible.

I am running a small designer business and have three employees each with
their own PC. I have a master workbook with all their names where I can add
projects to each individual person, now my problem is that when they receive
their projects they should be able to fill in details about their projects
and upon saving their workbooks my master workbook should automatically
update, whereas I can determine how far each designer has progressed.
Updating bothways to put it in that context...Hope this make sense..it is
driving me nuts. Please Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jun 20, 2:10 am, Markv wrote:
Hey there all...
My brain is frying. I need to know if the following is possible.

I am running a small designer business and have three employees each with
their own PC. I have a master workbook with all their names where I can add
projects to each individual person, now my problem is that when they receive
their projects they should be able to fill in details about their projects
and upon saving their workbooks my master workbook should automatically
update, whereas I can determine how far each designer has progressed.
Updating bothways to put it in that context...Hope this make sense..it is
driving me nuts. Please Help!

I'm no expert on this, but wouldn't Project Management software be a
better choice?