Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default xll file

I compiled a dll file in visual C++, renamed it into xll file.
I open excel file and want to add this xll file in AddIns. But I am
getting a message that the file is not in the recognizable format.
Before this excel file was using xll file compiled by an earlier
version of Visual C++(probably).
Can anybody please explain this?
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Was there a difference in programming AddIns in Visual C++ 5 and Visual
C++ 7?
Somebody please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Anna" wrote in message
Was there a difference in programming AddIns in Visual C++ 5 and Visual
C++ 7?

Hi Anna,

Does the name of your DEF file appear in the Module Definition File
input under The Project/Properties/Linker/Input menu? If not, put it in
there and your XLL should compile correctly again.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I did not find properties under project. There is settings but they
don't have the above link.
I am using Visual studio 5.0, can it be different there?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Anna,

I'm a bit confused about your situation. I thought you meant that your
project worked correctly when compiled under VC5 and that it no longer
worked when you compiled it under VC7. Is this not the case?

Regarding the DEF file in VC5, I think it's the same as VC6, which is
the earliest version I have running. It should show up in the File View
window under the Source Files folder. If not, you need to add it using the
Project/Add to Project/Files menu.

--

"Anna" wrote in message
I did not find properties under project. There is settings but they
don't have the above link.
I am using Visual studio 5.0, can it be different there?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks a lot
I was missing a .def file. When I was adding files to the project I
thought it added everything. Its working now.