Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Get ranges from sheets interactively

Hi, I have 2 following problem.
1) I'm not familiar with using of events in VBA and I'm not able to find
some good help on the Inet. Do you know some ? I'm not able to find in at
MSDN.
2) I need to create application which will this: I need to open some
userform, where using the buttnos will be possible to select several ranges
in the Sheets and store their addresses in the variable. Then I¨ll use these
ranges in several next processes. My problem is, that I don't know, how to
do it, to be able from userform select some range in the sheet. The function
should be similar as is for ex. in the chart, where you can specify the
range of source data. I think this has to be solved using events, but I
don't know how.
Thanx
Filip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you are using buttons on a userform to select the ranges you don't need a
worksheet event--you can just put in the button code what you would like to
do with the selected range.

Once the range is selected, you can store the address of the selected range
in a variable, as in:

sAddress = Selection.Address

HTH,
Shockley

"Filip Mateasko" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For Question 1, here are some links that explain Events.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...20&Product=xlw

HTH
Paul
Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes.

1) I'm not familiar with using of events in VBA and I'm not able to find
some good help on the Inet. Do you know some ? I'm not able to find in at
MSDN.

Thanx
Filip

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
thanks for you response but you probably didn't understand me well - I need
to be able after button click to select the range, store the range address
in memory and get back to the user form. Then using the second button select
other range and again store the address in the memory. Then I will start
some processes working with these selected ranges. So I need to know how to
select the range interactivelly during the macro run.

Thanks

Filip

"shockley" píše v diskusním příspěvku
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK, so if I understand you now, your application begins by displaying a
userform with buttons on it, each button associated with a particular range
that will be selected when the button is pressed, and the address of the
selected range stored in a variable. Then, the form needs to be displayed
again so that another range may be selected. The second showing of the form
should not be any more difficult than the first. Just use the
"UserForm.Show" command. This stops execution of the procedure until the
form is responded to. Search in vba Help! for "form.show". I'm not too
experienced with userforms, but I hope this helps.

Regards,