Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can not shift objects off sheet error

http://support.microsoft.com/default...69&Product=xlw
XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns

http://support.microsoft.com/default...81&Product=xlw
XL97: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns

Not exactly your problem, but may trigger a thought on what the problem
might be.

Hitting the 2 collapses your data (rows would be hidden) so it might be
related.

Tom Ogilvy

Daniel Bonallack wrote in message
Hi, I'm really hoping someone can help, as I'm stuck.

I have a worksheet that has sales data going up to about
row 61000, and across to column BC.

I have some simple code that highlights the area and
subtotals by company name (about one thousand companies),
which adds another 1000 rows to the data.

Then I try to click on the little "2" in the top left
corner, in order to just see my company totals. The
message I get is "Can't shift objects off sheet". Does
anyone know why this is occuring? I've made sure that
there is no data in the last 3000 rows of the spreadsheet,
and as far as I know those cells have no formats either.

Thanks in advance
Daniel