Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to determine JPG size in pixels?

Is there a way to determine the size of a JPG file in pixels? I need
to put product pictures on a spreadsheet programmatically. I would
like their size to be as close as possible. So I have to know their
size to determine how much to scale.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I expect the data is buried in the JPG file somewhere, but I wouldn't bet on any Excel experts
knowing much about graphics files. Have you posted this in a newsgroup that deals with graphics
(I don't think MS has any, but I could be wrong)?

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:05:21 -0700, dchow wrote:

Is there a way to determine the size of a JPG file in pixels? I need
to put product pictures on a spreadsheet programmatically. I would
like their size to be as close as possible. So I have to know their
size to determine how much to scale.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jaf jaf is offline

Hi,
You can get the picture height & width like this.

Sub Macro2()
Dim MyPic As IPictureDisp
Set MyPic = LoadPicture("C:\Documents and Settings\jaf\My Documents\My
Pictures\020108-M-8634P-502.jpg")
Debug.Print MyPic.Width, MyPic.Height
End Sub

Or you can assign a height & width like this.

LoadPicture([filename], [widthDesired As Long], [heightDesired As Long],
[flags As LoadPictureConstants = Default]) As IPictureDisp

--

John

johnf202 at hotmail dot com