Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA summarize

Dear Sirs/Madams of this group,
I am slightly new to VBA programming in
Excel and i'm working on a project. I'm stumped on the code which i
would write to summarize what i have entered into my worksheet via a
userform. Could somebody please help me with any kind of instructions
on how i could summarize what i have entered by placing all the
variables into a message box. For eg. i'm entering the details of a
trade, and i want it to confirm for me that the details i entered are
correct by displaying them in a msgbox form.
Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Some sources of information:

XL97: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data

XL2000: How to Use a UserForm for Entering Data

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=168067
XL97: WE1163: "Visual Basic Examples for Controlling UserForms"

Microsoft(R) Visual Basic(R) for Applications Examples for Controlling
UserForms in Microsoft Excel 97

This Application Note is an introduction to manipulating UserForms in
Microsoft Excel 97. It includes examples and Microsoft Visual Basic for
Applications macros that show you how to take advantage of the capabilities
of UserForms and use each of the ActiveX controls that are available for
UserForms

http://www.microsoft.com/ExcelDev/Articles/sxs11pt1.htm
Lesson 11: Creating a Custom Form
Excerpted from Microsoft® Excel 97 Visual Basic® Step by Step.

John Walkenbach's site:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/userformtips.htm
Userform Tips

Peter Aiken Articles:

watch word wrap. the URL should all be one line.
Part I
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...uctiontoUserFo
rmsPartI.asp
Part II
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...uctiontoUserFo
rmsPartII.asp

Tom Ogilvy

Dorian T wrote in message
om...
Dear Sirs/Madams of this group,
I am slightly new to VBA programming in
Excel and i'm working on a project. I'm stumped on the code which i
would write to summarize what i have entered into my worksheet via a
userform. Could somebody please help me with any kind of instructions
on how i could summarize what i have entered by placing all the
variables into a message box. For eg. i'm entering the details of a
trade, and i want it to confirm for me that the details i entered are
correct by displaying them in a msgbox form.
Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Excel and i'm working on a project. I'm stumped on the

code which i
would write to summarize what i have entered into my

worksheet via a
userform. Could somebody please help me with any kind of

instructions
on how i could summarize what i have entered by placing

all the
variables into a message box. For eg. i'm entering the

details of a
trade, and i want it to confirm for me that the details

i entered are
correct by displaying them in a msgbox form.
Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
.

I'm pretty new at this stuff too. If I'm understanding
your question correctly, here are a couple of samples of
what I have used.

The first simply shows a Message Box with 2 lines of
text. CHR(103) and CHR(10) being a carriage return and a
line feed.

If ComboBox15.Value = "" Then
mbResponse1 = MsgBox("No play date has been selected." &
Chr(13) & Chr(10) & " You must select a date before
pressing the ACCEPT button!", vbOKCancel)
End If

This example starts with an Input Box. I'm entering the
data and if that value is 999, then go through and enter
individual scores for each game through the use of an
Input Box for each. After entering all the data, I've
put the results into a MsgBox at the end of the code. As
you can see, I have joined all the information to be put
into the MsgBox into the variable, aveResult.

newAve = InputBox("Enter starting average. If none,
enter 999.")

aveStart = newAve

If newAve = 999 Then

Message = "Enter 1st game score for " + newName

newGame1 = InputBox(Message, , , 5000, 3000)

Message = "Enter 2nd game score for " + newName

newGame2 = InputBox(Message, , , 5000, 3300)

Message = "Enter 3rd game score for " + newName

newGame3 = InputBox(Message, , , 5000, 3600)

aveStart = Int(Val(newGame1) + Val(newGame2) + Val
(newGame3)) / 3

aveResult = "Starting average for " & newName & "
will be " & Int(aveStart) & "."

Response = MsgBox(aveResult)

End If

You should be able to just paste this code into a module
to try it out to see what is looks like and if it's what
you are looking for.

You can certainly put the values of particular cells in
place of variables defined in VBA code.

When you are working on your code, if you move your
cursor over the InputBox or MsgBox and press the F1 key,
you should get some good help information to show you how
to position the box or what type of buttons you want to
show, etc. It worked for me anyway!

Hope this helps!

Regards,

speedking1621

Summarize data Chris Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 28th 09 09:24 PM
Cant summarize nrs like 15.200,00 Sircantona Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 April 29th 08 05:59 PM
Looking for a way to summarize data? Rich Excel Worksheet Functions 0 September 19th 06 06:05 PM
summarize PBark New Users to Excel 3 April 11th 06 04:59 PM
Summarize Data kgsggilbert Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 8th 05 09:41 PM