Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problems with active cell after saveas

My macro saves and workbook to a temp location before data entry starts.
I want E8 to be the active cell after the save. I'm using the SaveAs
method followed by "Range("E8").Select". Cell E8 looks selected on the
sheet but the pull down menu key strokes are active. For example, if I
enter a "t" I get the Tools pull down menu, an "f" gets me the File
menu, etc. I have to actually click on E8 to deactivate the pull down
menus. What am I doing wrong?

BrianG

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Brian

It helps if you paste the code along with the query.

Peter
My macro saves and workbook to a temp location before

data entry starts.
I want E8 to be the active cell after the save. I'm

using the SaveAs
method followed by "Range("E8").Select". Cell E8 looks

selected on the
sheet but the pull down menu key strokes are active. For

example, if I
enter a "t" I get the Tools pull down menu, an "f" gets

me the File
menu, etc. I have to actually click on E8 to deactivate

the pull down
menus. What am I doing wrong?

BrianG

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com