Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default LINKING A WORKSHEET TO AN AS/400

Hi,
I am using Excel 2002 with windows XP and I am looking
for help on how to link a worksheet to an AS/400.

I want to use a a command button to extract information
based on a cell value and place it two cells to the right.

Cell value returned value
A1 99999 C1

If you need me to elaborate more please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

POIT
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jaime.

1. Dont SCREAM by using capitals.
2. Depends on the software running on the AS400 :)

Probably you're meaning a standard database like DB2, in which case
you'd need to verify that you have (a recent set) of the correct ODBC
drivers. Contact your system admin or software vendor if you're not
sure.

Then you can use Data Query from the user interface or progam with VBA
(using DAO/ADO) to your heart's delight.

If it's proprietery software check to see if they have excel addin
modules.

keepITcool

"POIT" wrote:

Hi,
I am using Excel 2002 with windows XP and I am looking
for help on how to link a worksheet to an AS/400.

I want to use a a command button to extract information
based on a cell value and place it two cells to the right.

Cell value returned value
A1 99999 C1

If you need me to elaborate more please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

POIT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"POIT" wrote:

Hi,
I am using Excel 2002 with windows XP and I am looking
for help on how to link a worksheet to an AS/400.

I want to use a a command button to extract

information
based on a cell value and place it two cells to the

right.

Cell value returned value
A1 99999 C1

If you need me to elaborate more please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

POIT

.
Thanks for the info...

Do you have any sample connections that I could look at?

poit