Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Date formatting XML datasets in Excel 2003

Hi Jeremy,

Did you restrieve the dataset from a webservice?
Here is a link, you may have a look to see if it is what do you want to do.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/dnofftalk/h
tml/office12092002.asp
Did I misunderstand your meaning?
If so, please post some code for me to reproduce the problem?

Regards,
Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

--------------------
From: "Jeremy Holt"
Sender: "Jeremy Holt"
Subject: Date formatting XML datasets in Excel 2003
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:41:58 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've just downloaded Office Excel 2003

While messing around with the XML import functions, I've
noticed that Excel does not naturally format a date from
an ADO.Net dataset, i.e.

2003-08-24T00:00:00.0000000-03:00

I would have thought that it should be able to do this.
While I could easily write a parser to strip the date and
time from this date, I would much rather not have to
include a new column in the spreadsheet to do this.

Another thing I think should be automatically formattable
is a tick/cross for TRUE/FALSE values.

Any thoughts?
Jeremy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jeremy,

I think you may need to convert the date format your self.
Here is a sample which will ConvertISO8601DateFormatToVBDateTime.
You may download it at the link below.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/dnofftalk/h
tml/office08012002.asp

From: "Jeremy Holt"