Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Full path in custom footer. How?

Hi Don,
For a macro solution see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm
and take your choice.

Also to not use =CELL("filename") thinking tat is going
to get you the pathname, it will not be reliable. You need a cell
reference like =CELL("filename",A1) Read about that
as well on the above webpage.
--
---
HTH,

"Don Wiss" wrote in message ...
I'm using Excel 97. I know I can put =CELL("filename") in a cell, and then
have a macro assign that to the footer, but is there an & keyword that will
return the full path without this kludge? Knowing that &[File] returns the
file name, I tried words like Filename, Path, and Pathname, but to no
avail.

Don <donwiss at panix.com.