Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot Tables - Multiple Consolidation Ranges

Hi all. I use Pivot tables quite frequently to do consolidations.
Since I frequently consolidate up to 100 or more workbooks at a time
it's kind of a pain to enter all of the ranges separately in step 2b
of the Pivot Table Wizard. I'm thinking there must be a way to maybe
use VBA to: 1) Enter the ranges to consolidate without me having to
manually enter. 2) Construct the Pivot Table. I'm a novice at VBA
and I did use the recorder to see if I could figure the necessary code
on my own but I'm at a standstill.

Many Thanks
Andrew
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Chuck

I don't work with Pivot tables frequently so I don't have
a answer for you at the moment.

You can find information on this site's
I hope you find what you are looking for

Debra Dalgleish's pictures at Jon Peltier's site:
http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/...ivottables.htm
And Debra's own site:

John Walkenbach also has some at:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm
(look for Tony Gwynn's Hit Database)

Chip Pearson keeps Harald Staff's notes at:

MS has some at (xl2000 and xl2002):
http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/XCrtPiv.aspx
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...lconPT101.aspx

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

"Chuck Harkes" wrote in message om...
Hi all. I use Pivot tables quite frequently to do consolidations.
Since I frequently consolidate up to 100 or more workbooks at a time
it's kind of a pain to enter all of the ranges separately in step 2b
of the Pivot Table Wizard. I'm thinking there must be a way to maybe
use VBA to: 1) Enter the ranges to consolidate without me having to
manually enter. 2) Construct the Pivot Table. I'm a novice at VBA
and I did use the recorder to see if I could figure the necessary code
on my own but I'm at a standstill.

Many Thanks
Andrew

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Turn on the macro recorder and set up your pivot table with a small number
of workbooks.

then modify the recorded code to do what you want.

Tom Ogilvy