Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Unable to set Bold property of the Font Class

Hello,
I'm trying to run the following code, and I keep getting
the "Unable to set Bold property of the Font Class"
error. I tried using the FontBold property, but that
didn't do it either. When I add a watch to cl, I can see
the font.bold property in the watch window, but for
whatever reason, it won't let me write to it. I thought
it was a read/write property. Any thoughts?

code

For Each cl In rng
If cl.Value = "Total" Or cl.Value = "Average" Then
For i = 1 To 15
Select Case i
Case 1, 2, 6, 7, 11, 12
cl.Offset(0, i).NumberFormat = "#,##0.00"
cl.Offset(0, i).Font.Bold = True 'error here
Case Else
cl.Offset(0, i).Font.Bold = True 'error here
End Select
Next i
Else
End If
Next cl

more code

I've also tried cl.offset(0,i).characters.font.bold =
true with no luck.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate them.

Thanks,
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mike, were you able to resolve it? I am running into the same problem
and can't find a way to change font to bold on my cells. I can change
Font.Color property but changing Bold property raises the same error
you got :"Unable to set the Bold property of the Font class". I played
around with ActiveCell.Activate, it didn't help.

Your input would be highly appreciated. My direct email is
.

Thanks in advance,
Vera.

---