Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multi column Data Validation List

I am using DATA = Validation = List to control input
into a single column range. The data being entered is
only job numbers and as a number, does not offer the user
enough information. Is it possible to have the List that
appears show 2 columns of information that could include
the Job Name.

When I try to refer the validation list to a 2 column
range, I get the following message: "The List Source must
be a delimited list or a reference to a single row or
column"

Is there a work around for this? I've read more books on
this than I can count.

Thanks in advance.
Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Could you combine the two columns into another and use that column:

=a1& "--" & b1

Or just show the description column and use a vlookup (index/match) to return
the job number to an adjacent cell.

--

Dave Peterson