Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Check Excel Macro

Is there any way to check for existence of macro in a file ( excel or
csv ) before actually opening that file ?. I am designing a site
that allows a user to upload csv file from their local machine to my
webserver. Before processing that file, I need to check whether the
file contains any Macro. Is there any way ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Y'o
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

If you are going to open them with Excel then before go to

Tools Macro Security. then set it to High. No macro will run.

--
JP

http://www.solutionsvba.com

"Yaro" wrote in message
om...
Is there any way to check for existence of macro in a file ( excel or
csv ) before actually opening that file ?. I am designing a site
that allows a user to upload csv file from their local machine to my
webserver. Before processing that file, I need to check whether the
file contains any Macro. Is there any way ?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Y'o

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

without opening excel I'm not sure, but you can open one progmatically and
disable event driven macros when opening (Application.EnableEvents = False)
then check to see if macros exist. For csv files, its not possible to have
a macro in a true csv file, of course someone can change the extension from
xls to csv to make a file appear to be a csv
Paul D

om...