Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Autodial phone number from cell

Having a cell with a phone number in it, want to use the
autodial feature of Windows.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Terry, try this by John Walkenbach

Sub CellToDialer()
'By John Walkenbach
' Transfers active cell contents to Dialer
' And then dials the phone

' Get the phone number
CellContents = ActiveCell.Value

If CellContents = "" Then
MsgBox "Select a cell that contains a phone number."
Exit Sub
End If

' Activate (or start) Dialer
Appname = "Dialer"
AppFile = "Dialer.exe"
On Error Resume Next
AppActivate (Appname)
If Err < 0 Then
Err = 0
TaskID = Shell(AppFile, 1)
If Err < 0 Then MsgBox "Can't start " & AppFile
End If

' Transfer cell contents to Dialer
Application.SendKeys "%n" & CellContents, True

' Click Dial button
Application.SendKeys "%d", True

Paul B
Using Excel 97 & 2000