Lisa

Default Phone number

My phone number list does not contain a 1 for long distance. I need to
reformat the cell to include a one or my fax machine cannot process the faxes
David McRitchie

Hi Lisa,
See InsertPrefix macro in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm#squote
actually there is also a phone number macro in the same webpage
for providing area code if missing (US).

If not familiar with macro see top of that page in yellow box.

HTH,

"Lisa" wrote in message ...
My phone number list does not contain a 1 for long distance. I need to
reformat the cell to include a one or my fax machine cannot process the faxes

Nick Hodge

Lisa

Use another column and type in

="1"&A2

Then copy down. (Presumes number in columnA)

Now copy the 'new' numbers and editcopy, then Editpaste special+values
over the old data and delete the column with the formulas which are now not
needed

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Lisa" wrote in message
My phone number list does not contain a 1 for long distance. I need to
reformat the cell to include a one or my fax machine cannot process the
faxes

Gary's Student

If your phone numbers look like 609-555-1212 in cell A1, then use the formula:

="1-" & A1 in another cell
--
Gary's Student