Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Migration of Excel97 to Excel XP

I am currently doing a project to migrate our operating
system from Windows NT to Windows XP and from Office 97 to
Office XP.

Does anyone know if there are any compatibility issues
with Excel 97 (including VBA) and Excel XP. I need to
report on any conversion work required such as VBA syntax
etc...

Also, if you can help. Does anyone know of any other
Office 97 to Office XP issues.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards

Peter
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Peter

You should in theory encounter no problems at all. (In real life that's somewhere between
none and very few.) Possible exception is Access, which I think changed file format in
version 2000.

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Excel MVP

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Peter" wrote in message
I am currently doing a project to migrate our operating
system from Windows NT to Windows XP and from Office 97 to
Office XP.

Does anyone know if there are any compatibility issues
with Excel 97 (including VBA) and Excel XP. I need to
report on any conversion work required such as VBA syntax
etc...

Also, if you can help. Does anyone know of any other
Office 97 to Office XP issues.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards

Peter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's been a long time since I migrated my Excel 97 code to Excel 2000, so my
memory of this is fairly dim. For the most part, it ran smoothly with
almost no issues. I do recall a couple of items that came up:

1. In one case, any time I opened a file containing some fairly elaborate
UserForms and then tried to show the user form, Excel would GPF. The
workaround was to simply open the file developed in Excel 97 inside Excel
2000, save it in Excel 2000, and all would be well.

2. In one case, I was setting the List property of a Userform combobox with
a spreadsheet array and it caused a run time error. The workaround was to
use a for next loop and use "AddItem" to add the items to the combobox.

It's possible these will not be an issue in your conversion, but I just
thought I'd pass it along.