Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Autosort Problem

I have a worksheet with 20 columns and 370 rows. Row one is headers.
When I do an autofilter I can sort each column by whatever value is in the
column. However, I have on record (that doesn't belong in the sort) that
shows at the bottom of my sort no matter what I do. For example, I sort
column three by "group 9" (one of my 25 groups). It shows all the group 9
records.... except at the bottom it shows this one guy from group 1. I
notice that the row numbers on the left are all in blue (presumably because
they are part of the sort), but the one row that always shows at the bottom
is NOT in blue.

I have tried deleting that row and making a new record. Nothing works. I
have used autosort on lots of other spreadsheets and never had a problem.
Can anyone explain why this happens? or better yet... how to fix it?

Nick.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

It seems that this last row is not part of your database, and then it will
always be the same record at the end. Look if there are no hidden rows at
the end of your data and this record or look if the data types by column are
the same, all the other have date but this one have text.

--
JP

http://www.solutionsvba.com

"Morpheseus" wrote in message
. ca...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Another person was having a similar problem and there was a subtotal formula
in the data. Just something to look at.

select all the data then do

Edit=Goto=special and select formulas.

then go to the immediate window and type

? selection.Address

(in case there are multiple cells and they are spread around the data
table - it will be easier to see this way.
Tom Ogilvy